It’s what happens when you finish a book, movie, or tv show. Whether it’s the finale, or you have to wait a year or three years for the next one. You know what I’m talking about. [x]
when i die i want that cool thing done where they take your ashes and pressurise them enough to turn them into a precious gem. i then want that gem forged into a swords hilt so my heir can avenge me because im not dying unless im killed i can assure you
You know what I really want to happen?
Everyone who was born before the end of 2012 should all pretend the apocalypse actually happened in December. Like we should all have our war stories and pretend to be veterans and tell our kids and grand kids stories about when we defeated the zombies. And we should write about it in history textbooks and say that people who deny that it ever happened just had their minds wiped by the aliens.
Oops I am nightblogging at 8:30.
My sister got me a Thor bobblehead.
This is what I did with it.
since I’m a serious grown adult, I have a reply for you
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I AM CRYING
My Yoda bobble-head has something to say…
it got better
IT GOT SO MUCH BETTER
Doctor Who AU: The Doctors end up getting mixed up and end up with their past or future companions.
There is so much truth in all of this.
#ten keeps hugging eight and crying
All my creys
*sporfle* OMG, this is SO how it would happen. XD
WHAT THE HELL.
Hey! I got an idea! How about instead of saying “Let’s just go with the badly-written heterosexual love story we’ve all seen a billion times because it’s all we’re gonna get” let’s question WHY directors/writers are afraid to give us any more than teasing between two homosexual characters even though it’s clear what their feelings are? HMM?
Reasons why PETA is terrible
I hope everybody knows by now that PETA is an awful bunch of people, but I thought I’d collect some of the reasons together for anyone who doesn’t.
- PETA has a long history of horribly, disturbingly sexist advertisements. (warning: that link is disturbing, seriously.)
- PETA also has a history of racist jackassery like wearing klan hoods to the Westminster Dog Show and comparing it to the Holocaust. They also put up billboards in Washington D.C. comparing animal cruelty to human slavery and specifically the American enslavement of Africans.
- This one deserves its own bullet point - they actually sued Sea World under the 13th Amendment. The one that outlawed slavery in the U.S. Yeah. They did that.
- And let’s not forget the whole “Holocaust On Your Plate” ad campaign.
- PETA also loooooooooooves fat-shaming. Example - this recent billboard featuring a.. meat pie coffin? I think? Suggesting that eating animals makes you (horrors!) fat and also kills you? So go vegan? Bonus offensiveness: they put this up next to a mortuary. See also this whole ad campaign centered on fat-shaming:
- Another recent advertisement claimed that going vegan will send your sex drive into overdrive and you’ll be so potent you’ll actually injure your girlfriend and leave her limping and wearing a neck brace which is awesome and hilarious. I wish I was exaggerating but I’m totally not.
- When a grisly killing spree in Vancouver left 15 women dead, PETA tried to purchase full-page ads in local papers suggesting that this carnage was no worse than the killing of animals for food.
- PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk opposes the use of Seeing Eye dogs and has had at least one dog taken away from its blind owner.
- PETA protests public shelters that euthanize animals, but their own shelter euthanizes most of the animals they take in. Not some. Most.
- PETA is actually right now trying to fight No-Kill legislation in Virginia, because it would prevent their shelter from euthanizing animals.
- PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. PETA paid $70,200 to Rodney Coronado, an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) serial arsonist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory.
- During the past ten years, PETA has spent four times as much on criminals and their legal defense than it has on shelters, spay-neuter programs, and other efforts that actually help animals.
- Right here, from the actual PETA website, is their stance on extremist animal liberation groups that commit arson and violently harass medical researchers: Throughout history, some people have felt the need to break the law in order to fight injustice. The Underground Railroad and the French Resistance are both examples of people breaking the law in order to combat injustice… Anyone can be an activist. It does not take any special skills or superhuman abilities. You just need to care enough about animals to want to help them.”
pro-tip PETA: Humans are actually animals, too. How about not abusing us?
Nick Fury’s Flashback
Thank God someone made this!